Тема: English chat. Общение на английском

Ответить в теме
Страница 7 из 9 ПерваяПервая ... 5 6 7 8 9 ПоследняяПоследняя
Показано с 121 по 140 из 180
  1. Вверх #121
    Посетитель Аватар для kapkanda
    Цитата Сообщение от remeslo Посмотреть сообщение
    H.
    Plese advise me if you know something about the free english - speaking clubs on sundays in Odessa.

Let's ceep in touch
    free cheese in a mouse trap.
    Улыбайтесь, господа, улыбайтесь! Умное выражение лица - еще не признак ума.

2. Вверх #122
    Новичок Аватар для remeslo
    i realy heard about them
    Последний раз редактировалось remeslo; 02.11.2012 в 07:44.

3. Вверх #123
    Посетитель Аватар для Lika--
    Цитата Сообщение от kapkanda Посмотреть сообщение
    free cheese in a mouse trap.
    I wouldn't agree with you on that. You sound too pessimistic. I've had an experience participating in all sorts of clubs in Odessa over the last 10 years... and guess what?! No traps were spotted!))) People who come there are interesting and fun to be around. On the other hand, I can understant your viewpoint here very well. This gives people a free access to natives and to other people who are "into english". This, in its turn, might be considered a threat by different language schools that have conversational clubs of their own. There is nothing bad about free clubs and nothing too good as well. It's a nice way to spend time with friends, more like a hobby. It cannot be seen as a way of actually learning the language.
    Последний раз редактировалось Lika--; 02.11.2012 в 14:14.
    Не ждите чуда - чудите сами!

4. Вверх #124
    Посетитель Аватар для Lika--
    Hi everyone.
    I desided to join yor club and i will try to find some time to write here.
    I am an attorney at law, and, maybe, i can help you in this matter.
    My English is bad and I want to remember it from my childhood because I need it in my work.
    Plese advise me if you know something about the free english - speaking clubs on sundays in Odessa.

Let's ceep in touch
    There are a lot of different English clubs in Odessa. Keep looking and you'll find them. To be honest, they will not really help to boost your English language skills, but what they might help you with is sustain your level, but not improve it. Besides, most of the free clubs are crowded and for you to have your say you'll have to wait a long time. Therefore, it's not that efficient as it might seem.
    Не ждите чуда - чудите сами!

5. Вверх #125
    thanks for all for your messeges. Maybe some of you can recomende any club even if it is not free, but interesying, fun and useful?

6. Вверх #126
    and one more thing - my problem is - i can inderstand (i belive) ~ 85 -90 % of that i hear or what i read, BUT , it is a big problem for me to say/write somthing more than from "pre-intermediate" level. Thats why i try to find a useful exercises? for example - spaeking klub for speaking and somthing like this forum for writing..

7. Вверх #127
    Посетитель Аватар для kapkanda
    Цитата Сообщение от Lika-- Посмотреть сообщение
    There are a lot of different English clubs in Odessa. Keep looking and you'll find them. To be honest, they will not really help to boost your English language skills, but what they might help you with is sustain your level, but not improve it. Besides, most of the free clubs are crowded and for you to have your say you'll have to wait a long time. Therefore, it's not that efficient as it might seem.
    The reason for that is that those clubs (in most cases) are not conducted professionally and therefore participants are not provided with enough speaking practice If there are a lot of people, they can work in groups, pairs, teams. It doesn't matter how many people turn up.
    BTW: every (almost every) English school has an English Speaking Club.
    Улыбайтесь, господа, улыбайтесь! Умное выражение лица - еще не признак ума.

8. Вверх #128
    Модератор
    НАТОвский Легионер

and one more thing - my problem is - i can inderstand (i belive) ~ 85 -90 % of that i hear
    i was thinking the same about my english level until I got a chance to speak a lot with people from Scotland
    try it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGKoekcThLE&feature=related
    Why is the rum gone?!

9. Вверх #129
    Постоялец форума Аватар для _Nady_
    GD. I think it is better to speak/chat with native speaker using skype/telephone. I have friend from GB and he helps me with my English so much. I use English in my work in different ways: speaking-writing-reading and I have to speak with foreigners by telephone. In first times I was scared, had faltering voice...but I tried to speak more and more ..At the moment I forgot my "English fear" and try to improve my English speaking skills
    just smile :-)

10. Вверх #130
    Постоялец форума Аватар для Bagirapuss
    Цитата Сообщение от typiwka Посмотреть сообщение
    GD. I think it is better to speak/chat with native speaker using skype/telephone. I have friend from GB and he helps me with my English so much. I use English in my work in different ways: speaking-writing-reading and I have to speak with foreigners by telephone. In first times I was scared, had faltering voice...but I tried to speak more and more ..At the moment I forgot my "English fear" and try to improve my English speaking skills
    It's great if it works for you. You are lucky! Quite a lot of people, however, feel really awkward talking by telephone, and there are even special lessons devised to0 help overcomew this awkwardness. And anyway, I don't think any phone, or skype, oe whatsoever, can really substitute live communication.
    Английский на каждый день и для особых случаев

11. Вверх #131
    Посетитель Аватар для sishiest
    As for me any practice of language is usefull.
    I learned Englist at school and, due to the best teacher I had, I liked this language. Than I continued improving my Englist in university, all was sucessful, but than was about period for about 3 years when I did not used Englist. I understood that it will influence on my pronunciation, on my grammar and list of words - and I faced with all this problems.
    Lucky I was, that I found job, where I could practice my Englist. First 2-3 months was really hard for me. I forgot almost all I knew. This was a chance for me to start all from the begining. I became more confidence and I was not afraid to speak with our foreign suppliers.
    To be in my best shape of English speaking - it took me almost 1 year.

I do not like writting, because, as for me, the best way to keep and improve Englist level is speaking.
    Берегите зрение! Закрывайте глаза на ночь :)

12. Вверх #132
    Цитата Сообщение от sishiest Посмотреть сообщение
    As for me any practice of language is usefull.
    I learned Englist at school and, due to the best teacher I had, I liked this language. Than I continued improving my Englist in university, all was sucessful, but than was about period for about 3 years when I did not used Englist. I understood that it will influence on my pronunciation, on my grammar and list of words - and I faced with all this problems.
    Lucky I was, that I found job, where I could practice my Englist. First 2-3 months was really hard for me. I forgot almost all I knew. This was a chance for me to start all from the begining. I became more confidence and I was not afraid to speak with our foreign suppliers.
    To be in my best shape of English speaking - it took me almost 1 year.

I do not like writting, because, as for me, the best way to keep and improve Englist level is speaking.
    Well, by this post, I can tell you still have a lot of room for perfectionj in English But then, no one is perfect, not even native speakers.
    As cfor speaking being the best way to keep up and improve your language level - well, personally I stand up for harmonious development of all language skills. If you want to have a really high level of English one day, you need practice in all areas: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. But getting practice in speaking appears to be the most problematic: you don't have to depend on anyone to practice reading, writing, or listening: you can always read a book, or a magazine, or a web site. You can always write on forums, or correspond nwith a pen-friend, or take part in an essay contest. You can watch films, or listen to the radio, or get some e-books. All this is not a problem for anyone with a computer and Internet access. For speaking, however, you do depend on a partner. Self-talking can help to some extent, but not everyone is capable of that, and then, your family and friends might catch you doing it, and get it the wrong way For real speaking, yopu have to find partners, and that's why people need speaking clubs, look for partners in skype, or try to get some practice by phone.

13. Вверх #133
    Посетитель Аватар для sishiest
    You are right, even now, when it seems I can keep the conversation, my Englist is worse than it was, for example at shcool in 10 grade.
    I had a great teacher and she inspired me))) I was not trying to learn language, I love it.
    It is not a problem for me to read or write, but when I have chance to speak I use it)

Two years ago I was not able to communicate like now, even if now I'm quite not perfect.
    Берегите зрение! Закрывайте глаза на ночь :)

14. Вверх #134
    Постоялец форума Аватар для dennitsa
    Hi, firends! I very much want to learn English! Certainly general phrases to me are known, but there are no practicians! Generally everything I transport through online - translators
    RadaForward0957515378

15. Вверх #135
    Постоялец форума Аватар для Dmitry2006
    Hi.
    I'm a little bit confused about questions with passive voice. For example:

What exhibits were represented in the museum?
    or
    What were exhibits represented on the museum?

Which sentence is correct?

Thanks in advance.

16. Вверх #136
    Живёт на форуме Аватар для pure_turquoise
    Цитата Сообщение от Dmitry2006 Посмотреть сообщение
    Hi.

or

Thanks in advance.
    The first one is correct. You cannot separate the question group 'What exhibits'.
    Последний раз редактировалось pure_turquoise; 07.02.2013 в 17:32.
    Oksana Perutskaya. Aspire to inspire before you expire.

17. Вверх #137
    Постоялец форума Аватар для dennitsa
    Hi.

or

Thanks in advance.
    I think that the first option correct
    RadaForward0957515378

18. Вверх #138
    Hi.

or

Thanks in advance.
    Of course, the first one is correct, and it is passive indeed.
    The second one doesn't look like passive. With a minor change, it can be seen as a way to ask about the type of the exhibits:
    " - What were the exhibits represented in the museum?
    - Well, some flint tools, and some terra cotta..."

19. Вверх #139
    Новичок Аватар для Larisa_F
    Цитата Сообщение от Lika-- Посмотреть сообщение
    I wouldn't agree with you on that. You sound too pessimistic. I've had an experience participating in all sorts of clubs in Odessa over the last 10 years... and guess what?! No traps were spotted!))) People who come there are interesting and fun to be around. On the other hand, I can understant your viewpoint here very well. This gives people a free access to natives and to other people who are "into english". This, in its turn, might be considered a threat by different language schools that have conversational clubs of their own. There is nothing bad about free clubs and nothing too good as well. It's a nice way to spend time with friends, more like a hobby. It cannot be seen as a way of actually learning the language.
    I'm seeing new words for me.
    _ trap западня, капкан, ловушка, ставить капканы, личные вещи, багаж, пожитки.
    To set a trap...
    To walk straight into a trap...
    Each his own...

20. Вверх #140
    Новичок Аватар для Larisa_F
    I'll add new words that I met today with examples of usage to remember. Maybe they will be useful to a next reader. (I hesitate about using word met. Is it
    right here?)
    Each his own...

Ответить в теме
Страница 7 из 9 ПерваяПервая ... 5 6 7 8 9 ПоследняяПоследняя